SEASON 1 – 2019 BRITISH PODCAST AWARDS NOMINEE!
Now you can binge the whole thing…
The Sugar Baby Confessionals: a candid, sexy podcast
“One way or another, you always pay for sex.”
We’ve all read about it in the glossies – young girls becoming sugar babies, swapping cash and gifts for sex, to pay their way through university. Well, what if your best friend – your best, married friend – embraced the sugar baby lifestyle – not by necessity, but by choice? Sara’s BFF, Ruby, did just that. Sexy? Scary? Judge for yourself. In the Sugar Baby Confessionals, the girl talk gets candid as Sara and Ruby talk about love, sex and life as a sugar baby – the pleasures and the pitfalls. You’ll meet Ruby, her friends, her sugar daddies and her husband. We reveal all in The Sugar Baby Confessionals.
People all over the world love our saucy show, with journalists and broadcasters like Bibi Lynch, Rob Crossan and sexologist Alix Fox, describing it as: “compelling,” “beautifully put together”, “beguiling”, “off-kilter”, and very candid!
Remember, this is a narrative spanning three years of Ruby’s life, so it’s best to listen to it from episode 1.
Listen to our latest Episodes now!
Vote for us to win the Listener’ Choice Award, if you like what we’re doing. 😉
on our podcast site
find our podcasts on iTunes
or Player FM
- Lush original music from Danny Green of LAISH , the incredible Kristen MacClement, as well as Laura Frances, Ricky Damiani of Mock Deer and Sara-Mae’s band Scarlet Starlings.
- Guest appearances from fabulous journalist Bibi Lynch and ex-sex worker, writer and comedienne Miranda Kane
- A special interview with The Brit – Ruby’s favourite sugar daddy
- Sex tips from a pro (well, Ruby)
- Interview with a feminist psychology expert who weighs in on the effects of being a sugar baby
- Interviews with US-based sugar baby, Madelaine, on making the most out of your… assets
Remember to rate, review and recommend! It all helps tiny podcast companies like ours survive…
SEASON 2 – DUE OUT IN 2019
Heyer Today: a podcast about Georgette Heyer
“I think myself I ought to be shot for writing such nonsense.”
As a bestselling author, Georgette Heyer hasn’t been out of print since 1921 – so why hasn’t Hollywood snapped up her plots for a big screen franchise?
- Jane Austen – 6 best-selling Regency romances; 6 major screen adaptations.
- Georgette Heyer – 34 best-selling Regency romances; 0 major screen adaptations.
One major film producer has been trying to get the first major screen adaptation of Heyer’s ‘The Grand Sophy’ made for years, but what’s been standing in the way? We’ll investigate the difficulties facing film makers when it comes to period work, plus, find out what the uber-Heyerites think of Sophy’s choice.
Discover what Hollywood producers, Australian biographers, British national treasures and worldwide readers think about Heyer’s popularity and lack of success on the screen. And join super-fans and newbies as they discover and discuss some of the top-selling novels of our time – in Heyer Today.
- Actor Stephen Fry on how he came to be hooked on Heyer
- Acclaimed Heyer biographer: Jennifer Kloester on the author’s life and times
- Producer Andy Paterson discusses a mystery project and the difficulties of bringing Heyer’s work to the screen
- Romance novelist Harriet Evans lists her all-time favourite Heyers and why
- Susannah Fullerton, head of the Jane Austen Society in Australia, compares Austen and Heyer
- Blogger Eleanor Turner (Jane to Georgette) talks about the link between Jane Austen and Heyer
- Author Jane Holland and literary agent Alison Bonami from LBA on Heyer’s greatest romantic heroes
- Music from the incomparable Emma Gatrill