Each season of Fable Gazers’ podcasts is a deeply researched narrative story produced to the highest quality. We spend years crafting our projects to achieve the maximum amount of interest and engagement. Our goal is to create work that hooks people in and inspires multiple recommendations and listens forever. Yep, our content is built to stand the test of time and be as evergreen as our subject matter.
We aim to create podcasts that are ever green, so there will always be an audience.And we’re planning on taking it up a notch. Season 2, ‘Heyer Today’, features guests like Stephen Fry and best-selling author Joanne Harris. Be a part of our journey, as we continue our adventures!
We’d love to invite reviews of both seasons.
According to journalists and BBC broadcasters Bibi Lynch, Alix Fox and Rob Crossan, The Sugar Baby Confessionals is: “beguiling and off-kilter”, “thought-provoking”, “charming, funny and candid”.
Genre – The Sugar Baby Confessionals
We’ve won bronze at the 2019 British Podcast Awards! The podcast is a real-life, serialised narrative story. It’s currently under the ‘sexuality’ category in iTunes, as well as ‘society and culture’.
Where to listen
We’re available here:
The Sugar Baby Confessionals – Libsyn
Heyer Today – Libsyn
As well as all good pod players, including:
Or just search ‘Fable Gazers’, ‘Heyer Today’ or ‘The Sugar Baby Confessionals – you’ll find us on Google Podcasts, Radio Public, Stitcher and more.
We do one season of 12-26 episodes per year. Each episode runs between 40 minutes to an hour and comes out on a weekly basis during its run. The first half of season 2: Heyer Today is out now, and the second half is due out in late 2020. Season 1: The Sugar Baby Confessionals is available to binge in its entirety.
PRESS AND REVIEWS
- Bronze award winner in the ‘Sex & Relationships’ category in the 2019 British Podcast Awards!
- ‘Finger in the Pie’, first published as a short story in The Norwegian American, won through to the Leipziger Hörspielsommer audio drama fest in July 2019
- East Cast Away: Audio Open Mic – ‘A Blind Bit of Difference’ short audio piece played live at Dalston Eastern Curve Garden
I am highly addicted to this show right now… I just love it.” – Sara DaSilva, Audible Feast, on The Sugar Baby Confessionals
We’ve been featured guests on the following podcasts and radio shows:
- The Two of Us SHORTS – Sara-Mae chats with Naomi Woddis about serving the lockdown as a creative, new podcast Heyer Today and more.
- Friends in Your Ears – Sara-Mae guests on this fab podcast, along with the marvellous Zoë Wernick from Tea & Strumpets, discussing their love of romance novels and their fave podcasts.
- From The Lighthouse: Episode 91 Sara-Mae and Heyer Today
- Bibi Does Soho – Soho Radio
- Good Sex, Bad Sex with Bibi Lynch and Miranda Kane – Being a Sugar Baby
- Flixwatcher: Episode#066 Love & Friendship
- Flixwatcher: Episode #056 Their Finest
Podcast review blogs and magazines
- The Times Magazine “Top 10 Confessional Podcasts”
- Sara DaSilva of Audible Feast: Best podcast series of 2018: Entertainment category
- Rivkah Brown recently interviewed Ruby about forthcoming movie, The New Romantic, for Dazed and Confused magazine.
- Featured in the 7 December Podnews newsletter
- The South African – Two antipodean women turn to podcasting to tell stories
- InkTears – Sugar Babies & Writers: an interview with Sara-Mae Tuson
- Jane Austen Society – Two Austen fans podcasting to tell the story of Georgette Heyer today
Keira Soleore, reviewer for Frolic, USA Today and more
“This is an amazing podcast featuring the delightful books of the reigning queen of Georgian and Regency romance, Georgette Heyer. Starting from the first episode, where “the” Stephen Fry waxes eloquent on being a fan of Heyer’s work, I have listened to the four episodes so far with excitement and joy. The production quality is superb, the host is superb, and the interviewees are varied and knowledgeable and include greats, such as Jen Kloester, Heyer’s biographer. This podcast is a must-listen for fans and newbies alike.”
Naomi Woddis, poet and broadcaster for Reel Radio, host of ‘The Two of Us’
“The last thing I expected was to be writing a 5 star review for a podcast about writer Georgette Heyer, but I cannot recommend it enough. It’s not just about Heyer, it’s about what writers look for in other writers, what inspires them and what it means to be a passionate reader. This podcast is for anyone who loves books ! Great use of music too.”
Belindaj08 via Apple Podcasts
“If you like Jane Austen try the ‘light’ version with heyer. This is a podcast for anyone who likes historical fiction or books in general focusing on a greatly neglected author, Georgette heyer. Once your a fan, her works are like guilty pleasures you can go back to at any time. Sara-Mae has some great guests such as Stephen fry and Emma Darwin. She spends slot of time diving into the notoriously private heyer a life and speculating why no films have been made of her funny, witty, caustic, historically researched and thoroughly entertaining books. A great podcast.”
Antonia Reed, writer
Don’t…be fooled into thinking this is a shallow kiss-and-tell story. Guided by Sara’s thoughtful and considerate moderation, Ruby and sugar baby friend Madeleine’s stories unfold through conversations with the host, accompanied in later episodes by guest experts and other podcasters. Themes include sex work and politics, women’s rights and the law. Refreshingly, the commentators include women who have actually been sex workers.
The Confessionals quickly becomes a deep exploration of sexuality, psychology, romance and loyalty, and of the many things that complicate these aspects of life…Absolutely vital listening.”
Anonymous sugar baby, via email:
[Your podcast] is such a fun listen. I’ve really enjoyed hearing other women who are so articulate about what they feel regarding the sugaring lifestyle. At times I identify with you, and sometimes with Ruby, and occasionally with Madeline too.”
Poet and fashion maven Bette O’Callaghan (rather delightfully) wrote a review in the form of a poem:
Delusions of grandeur
are inherent in youth
it’s the nightmare
of the tangled bed sheets
the result of reckless actions
that haunts one in old age.
5* – This podcast has intimate details and will satisfy your (voyeuristic) sweet tooth but it’s also a thoughtful look at monogamy, feminism, sexuality, and womanhood. Host Sara-Mae asks all the right questions and does a bit of soul-searching, too. Recommended!”
5* – I learned loads and was enthralled with the journey and especially Ruby’s story. Really well produced, love this series!
5* – Wow this was totally brilliant. I loved the subject and Ruby was refreshingly honest and open about one of our society’s biggest taboos.”
We’re currently working on our transcripts. We want them to be mini-novellas, packed with extras so that the on-page experience is as good as the audio side. Watch this space to hear more.
Interested? Get in touch
Sara-Mae Tuson, senior producer, Fable Gazers
Beth Keehn, Marketing Development Officer, Fable Gazers
Email us: email@example.com
Connect with us on social media
Download a press kit with more details here: